There are many different reasons why you may want to seek a personal trainer or coach. Perhaps you want to rise to the next level. Or perhaps your doctor wants you to lose some weight or lower your cholesterol. Whatever the reason, having someone dedicated to guiding your training efforts gives you a relief. You know that if you measure it, you can manage it. But with a coach, you make things even easier on yourself. Let your coach manage it. After all, you have a workout to complete!
When you hire a coach, you get help:
- Setting your goals – a coach will guide you through goal setting so you develop the vision of who you want to be. From there, your coach will pinpoint objectives you need to accomplish in order to reach those goals.
- Constructing your training plan – the best part about having a coach is not having to second guess yourself. Your coach will organize your programs to be safe, enjoyable, challenging, and focused on your goals. You won’t have to stress about what to do because your coach will build a training plan specifically for you. Talk about a time saver and mental relief: all you need to do is perform.
- Following your training plan – a coach gives you objective feedback, data analysis, and reviews on technique, daily workouts, tactics, nutrition, and event preparation. This third eye is essential in making any alterations to keep you on track and focused on your goals.
- Experts – they gather and filter information, news, products, tips, and experience to find what matters most to you. They accelerate the learning curve and help you get from point A to point B faster than if you were “going it alone.”
- Realists – goals, even lofty ones, are important, but a coach also helps keep you firmly planted on the ground. Your coach will make sure you are progressing and keep your ego in check. Having someone who knows you, your schedule, abilities, and goals is invaluable.
- Motivators – coaches hold you accountable to your goals and are ready to encourage you all the way to success. But they are there for you when you need to progress, hold back, or just need a sounding board. Coaches help you stay disciplined and help you achieve your potential.